A library provides resources and services to meet the needs of individuals for educational and personal development purposes. It gives a healthy environment for learning to people from varied backgrounds.
The NaraTika CLC library serves as the primary source of information for the community in the Okhladunga of area. The library is well equipped with a diverse range of subject-specific books and reading materials – friendly and informative to students, teachers, children, youth and other age groups. It also has newspapers and access to the internet for e-learning. The library can provide teaching and learning services to 30 people at a time.
Volunteer role description:
- Cataloguing books and other printed materials
- Keep the library clean and tidy
- Help visitors find books and other resources available
- Collaborate with the Library Manager to report any books that need replacing or re-ordering
- Check out any books and keep records updated
- Assist with photo editing and video editing
- Assist in the activities conducted for children
- Book recording, classification and cataloguing
- Stamping the library books
- Pasting library cards in the books
- Repairing the torn books
- Cleaning of books in the library
- Assist in the English learning classes on Saturday
- Research on different fundraising ideas and strategies for sustaining the library
- Research on new and creative learning ideas for children.
- Interact with children and their parents on their learning needs, record their feedback
- Handle and maintain social media for general awareness.